At Beaumont Primary School our Governing Body is made up as follows:
- Parent Governors – elected by Parents
- Co-opted Governors – appointed by the Governing Board
- Local Authority Governors – appointed by the Governing Board
- Head teacher- Governor by virtue of her office
- Staff Governors – elected by teaching and non-teaching staff
- Associate Members – appointed by the Governing Body
- (The Chair and Vice Chair are elected from and by the Governing Body)
Who are we?
Mrs Susan LEach (Co-Opted) – Chair of Governors
Mrs Shanin Master (Co-Opted) – Vice Chair
Mr Zunaid Zaeem (Parent) – Chair of the Resources Committee
Mrs Anne Zammit (Co-Opted)
Ms Emma Bateson (Co-Opted)
Mrs Caroline Crooks (Co-Opted) – Chair of Curriculum Committee
Councillor Anne Galloway (LA Governor)
Mrs Stacey Postle (Head teacher)
Miss Anna Marren (Staff)
Miss Kelly Sullivan (Co-opted)
Mrs Fatima Lakhi (Parent)
Mr Andrew Knowles (Co-opted)
Mrs Caroline Bennett (Associate) – School Business Manager
Mrs Dale Sumner (Associate) – Deputy Head
Mr Anthony Bowden (Associate) – School Site Manager
Judith Pollard – Clerk
The Associate Governors do not have voting rights at any of the meetings.
- To determine the strategic direction of the school
- To review and approve the school budget
- To decide policy on such things as equal opportunities, behaviour, special needs provision, etc.
- To monitor the performance of the school
- To oversee the curriculum provision
- To appoint, challenge and support the Head teacher
- To occasionally sit on appointments panels or panels that handle staff or pupil discipline issues or complaints against the school
The Governing Body hold full meetings usually once per term. There are also two sub-committees that meet regularly throughout the year to look at matters in detail; these are as follows:
- Curriculum, Inclusion & Community
Minutes of these meetings are taken to the full Governing Body. There is also a Performance Management panel and a Pay panel for the Headteacher.
Nominated Governor Roles/Responsibilities
There are areas of specific responsibility for which Governors volunteer to be assigned; they are as follows:
- English Governor – Ms E Bateson
- Maths Governor – Mr Z Zaeem
- Governor for SEN (Special Educational Needs) – Mrs S Leach
- Safeguarding and Child protection Governor – Mrs S Master
- Early Years Governor – Mrs S Leach
- Head Teacher Performance Management Governors – , Mr Z Zaeem, Mr Knowles and Mrs S Leach
The Governing Body welcome discussion of school issues with parents and staff. You can contact any Governor via the school office.
Thinking of becoming a Governor?
All Governors are volunteers and do not receive any payment for their work, however they do play a vital role in the running of the school. Being a Governor is demanding and challenging but extremely rewarding. If you would like to become a Governor please click the below button for more information.
How do I become a Governor?
If you are interested in becoming a Governor please contact either the Head teacher or Chair of Governors through the school office.
Useful Websites and Phone Numbers
Bolton Governor Support and Development Service
Department for Education
0800 072 2181
Our free communication app allows us to provide parents with instant access to our important messages and up to date school information.
Please contact the school office if you have not received your personal invite.